Ghost Brides on Oregon Bride Blog

I just found out that Oregon Bride Magazine posted some images from a fab photo shoot I did in a cemetery on their blog! This photo shoot was an idea that myself and the lovely Krista Teyema came up with. Of course I asked Madeline of Madi Cosmetics if she wanted to work with us, we always have a good time at shoots.

We had so much fun shooting it last fall. People who were walking thru the cemetery would look at us strangely. The models were willing to do whatever I wanted, which is always great. At the end of the shoot we left the bouquets of flowers on the graves that we used as backdrops, wanting to pay our respect for letting us share their space for a few hours.

I really loved the way the images turned out. They are much darker and moody than most of my work. Funny thing is I didn't really know how to showcase them. So I sent them off to Oregon Bride magazine and a few other publications to see what they thought. Oregon Bride really liked them but thought they weren't a good fit for the magazine at the time. So, I forgot about them and they got stored away. It's exciting to see them again, below are a few of my fav's from the session. Enjoy! Click on the title above to see who helped create this one of kind shoot. Scroll down to the title Ghost Brides that was posted on 11.4.08.










Comments (3)

whoa! super cool shoot! i love the fourth one down of the bride lying on the grave. nice to see something new and creative.
happy holidays alexis. miss you guys,
nic

Anonymous

9:19 PM

WOW! Those are amazing! Great work.

Erio

10:06 PM

A,

These are wonderful photos! I love the idea and you pulled it off, Grade A! Great Work!!!'

T