The Backyard.

I don't write posts very often about my personal life because I have so many photo shoots I want to share with you. I can't seem to post those quick enough, even though they've been done for weeks but I promise to try harder! I do want to share with you the progression of our backyard. You may remember a post back in July or August when I had a whole weekend off and my husband and I decided to start making a patio. It was a back breaking project, literally, but we loved the results. After seeing how good that turned out my next vision was for bright, green grass surrounding it. Since we moved in over five years ago we've never had a normal backyard. It was truly a mess back there and a project we kept putting off; it just seemed out of reach at the time.

So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I came home from work last week, opened our fence gate to see a luscious, bright green, backyard! It's everything I imagined and more. I was so mpressed with how quickly Danen transformed the boring, dirty and ugly backyard into a quaint and relaxing outdoor space. I am constantly amazed at how detailed and well he does projects. I love him for this and wanted to share with you our newest addition to our family...a private backyard! I know it's only grass, wood and stone; but to me it's hard work, dedication and love. Thanks babe, I love ya!

Simon wondering where all the dirt came from. The results after rota tilling.


New layer of dirt evened out before sod goes down.

The grass! So green and lovely.

View from the stone patio. 

Comment (1)

WOWIE! Danen, get over to Montana and get busy in my back yard! It looks like a wonderful private retreat. Love it, miss you guys!
xo nic